Thank you for choosing the Student Massage Clinic at Arbor College-School of Massage. In order to best serve patients and the community, communication is essential. We would like to take this opportunity to communicate the policies of our clinic. Please take your time to review the policies of our student clinic. We appreciate your business and look forward to making your life better through massage.
- All student massage sessions are offered at a discounted rate of $30.00. We expect each patient to fill out a brief student evaluation at the end of each session.
- All student massage sessions are 50 minutes long and begin on the hour. If you are late, time will be deducted from your sessions. Patients that are more than 20 minutes late will not be seen.
- Student massage sessions are available by appointment only.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early for your massage appointment.
- You may only schedule one appointment per person, per day.
- Gift certificates are available for purchase at the front desk.
- All appointments must be paid prior to the massage. We accept cash, checks, major credit cards, and gift certificates issued by Arbor College|School of Massage.
- Due to the nature of our student clinic environment, we are unable to accommodate Pregnancy Massage requests.
- Students Massage Therapists may not use lubricants (lotions, oils, or gels) brought in by patients.
- Student are forbidden to use essential oil or CBD oil products.
- If you have questions, please call the school at (865) 450-3330, or e-mail Jeryd Greer, Student Clinic Director at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to any customer for violating any of the above or for any other reason deemed appropriate by management.
Student Massage Sessions offered are for relaxation and therapeutic purposes only.
- The student massage therapist does not diagnose illness, disease, or any physical or mental disorder; does not prescribe medical or pharmaceutical treatment; and does not do spinal manipulations.
- Massage in our clinic is not a substitute for medical care by a healthcare provider.
- Student massage therapist are only allowed to perform modalities and techniques in which they have been trained.
- A student clinic coordinator will enter the room for a few minutes to observe the session as part of the learning process.
- Any client under 18 years old is required to have a parent/guardian present in the clinic for the duration of the massage. If the client is under the age of 16 years old the parent must be in the room at all times.
- Our student massage clinic is a teaching environment. A student massage therapist may be absent from time to time, causing your session to be cancelled. The school cannot guarantee you an appointment.
- Children are not allowed in the treatment room when parents are getting a massage. Children may not be left unattended at any time while in our facility. Staff members are not allowed to supervised/babysit your children while you get a massage.
- Please observe good personal hygiene practices and arrive to your appointment as clean as possible
- Do not wear scents such as perfume, cologne or essential oils as these can be irritating to fellow clients and/or to students.
- Abstain from using alcohol prior to your session as this is contraindicated for massage.
- Student massage sessions are intended to enhance and support classroom learning for our students. While we may be able to accommodate some special technique or specific student requests, we cannot always guarantee that such requests will be granted. However, please let the student massage therapist know if you need more or less pressure.
- Inform the student massage therapist of any medical conditions and medications that you are taking.
- The client is responsible for their personal belongings. Please do not bring your valuables with you to the clinic if possible.
- The beauty of silence helps us to create a tranquil environment ‐ please speak quietly during your session. Please silence all cell phones upon entering the center. Smoking is not permitted.
- The client is responsible for communicating with the student therapist regarding pressure. Client may ask for more or less pressure and may end the session if uncomfortable.
- Suggestive comments, sexual innuendos, inappropriate touching of a massage student, any overtly or implicit sexual behavior, advances, or inappropriate comments will result in the immediate termination of the massage session. Furthermore, the client will be permanently banned from the student clinic. The massage services offered at the Arbor’s Student Massage Clinic are strictly for therapeutic purposes.
- Clients must be draped with a sheet and blanket at all times. The student massage therapist will only uncover the area that they are working on.
- Students do not accept tips. Students are legally unable to accept tips from clients. This is an educational environment, however remember that if you are seeing one of our licensed professionals, tipping is appropriate and appreciated.
- NEW CLIENTS: Please fill out the intake form thoroughly upon arriving as some medical conditions may be contraindicated for massage. The student clinic coordinator will make a determination if you are a viable candidate for student services. Please note, we observe strict confidentiality of all client health information.
- Because the strength of every student is different, when asking for deeper pressure, understand that your student massage therapist is trained to only go as deep as they feel comfortable going, without injuring themselves. It is the school’s belief that extremely deep pressure may do more harm to the client.
- 24-hour cancellation notice is required. While last minute cancellations do occur, excessive cancellations or no-shows will not be tolerated. If a patient “no-shows” or is a “last-minute cancellation” for three successive appointments, they will not be welcomed back by the massage clinic.
- A confirmation call and email from Arbor’s Student Clinic is a courtesy. The client is responsible for keeping the appointment with or without a confirmation call.
- Our staff will NOT assume responsibility for minor children left in the massage center while a parent receives a massage. Additionally, a parent may NOT have a child in the room with them while they receive a massage.
- Massage sessions will end at the scheduled time. If the massage session is shortened due to late arrival, the client is still responsible for full payment.